So we are well on our way into the pregnancy. Tami has only 12 weeks left before baby Woods is here. And yes, Tami is.......getting big (and yes, I did get permission to say that). We had our hospital tour this past week and we had our first child-birthing class on Saturday. Who knew that a woman's body can do such amazing things!
Here is the latest pic of momma! Look how cute she is!
The class was an educating and enlightening experience, not to mention the fact that it is impossible not to see God's hand in the midst of all of this. Tami and I were sitting in the child-birth class watching the "Stages of Birth" movie and there is a particular moment when you watch a mother giving birth and you hear her comment....."that doesn't look like a baby"...but then the doctor reassures her that...."it looks like one from here".
I feel like me and the hospital are becoming - one - . The tour was fascinating, from the triage room to the spacious labor/recovery rooms to the nurseries, we were well informed and seemingly getting more and more prepared for baby's arrival (though who is ever really totally prepared - this is the best advice I have been given so far).
Tami is still working, though we are not sure how long that will last. She is planning on taking at 6-8weeks off after delivery and then she is going to go back part time after that. She stopped playing tennis about the time that she decided to chase a ball over one of the court walls and fell. We decided tennis could wait until after baby arrives.
For those of you that have heard me talk about P90x (the exercise program I was on), I have moved on to a new program (the next evolution) called Insanity....and yes, it really is insane! Sometimes the instructor doesn't even finish the exercise...(good motivation technique in my opinion).
As many of you know, we are in the season of Lent. And this year as we draw closer to God, Tami has decided to give up refined sugar and too many carbs (per dr's orders). She still sneaks in a cookie or two on Sundays though. I have decided to give up road rage, which for living here in honolulu, is like having to eat brussel sprouts for every meal (bleehhhck!)! You would have thought cars here don't come with turn signals. :) I, on the other hand, am trying to let go of "stupid driver" hatred and let God smite them down the road...literally. (it is Lent....by the way, cmon.)
We had a visitor lately as Tami's dad, Tommy Myers, came to spend 8 days with us. He came out 2 weeks ago and left last Tuesday. It was a nice visit and great to spend some time with him. I have posted a couple of pictures from a fishing trip we went on. I think I could have used some dramamine by the time I got off though.....back and forth, up and down.....all in all it was a nice visit. We even helped him smuggle some seeds back onto the mainland (sssshhhh, dont tell anyone).
This is an octopus that someone caught. It crawled from across the boat to jump in the water by my feet.
This is a baby reef shark someone else caught. You can see the reef on the bottom which is about 60ft down....so clear!
This is Diamond Head crater from an ocean view!
Well I think that’s it for now. We will continue to send more pics of baby’s progression!
Love you all, miss you! Hope to see or talk with you soon.
Take care~
Mike, Tami, Baby, and Pita Woods
I got tears in my eyes when I saw your sweet belly, I can't wait to meet Baby Woods. Oh how I wish you lived here! Thank you Mike for narrating the last few months. I LOVE seeing your family grow! :) Thanks for being my friends. I'm so happy for you! Love, Jennie
ReplyDeleteYay! Tami you look amazing!! I'm also very impressed with you giving up refined sugar! Is it bad that it sounds harder to me than pregnancy? No sugar and Mike on P90x? Super heroes, both of you. I wonder what Baby Woods' power will be, aside from extreme cuteness. What a great update!
ReplyDeleteLove, Meredith
Can we get a pre-birthday post??? Please?
ReplyDelete